Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Serendipitous Synchronicity

The definition of Serendipity is finding something you didn't expect to find or a "happy accident." The term Synchronicity means two or more things that develop seemingly unrelated to each other, and are unlikely to occur by chance, yet are observed to interact with each other in a meaningfully related way. Synchronicity was coined in the 1920's by Carl Gustav Jung, whom I need to look up because i keep seeing his name and hearing his quotes EVERWHERE. Which is exactly the phenomenon which brings me to write this blog post.

I sincerely believe that when you are on the path that you are supposed to be on, your "souls journey" if you will, everything falls into place like puzzle pieces clicking together. One thing leads you to another and you can use these things like sign posts along the way.
For instance, one of my "signposts" is the number 44.
Fours in general appeal to me simply because they seem to me to be a number that lends itself to equality. I don't know why I think that but I always have. 2+2=4 seems very soothing to me. Call me weird, you won't be the first, trust me....
So obviously the number 44 is twice the fun. I first noticed them in middle school when a friend pointed out that they were everywhere.
I started seeing them in license plates, street signs, advertisements, street addresses, phone numbers even odometers when I started driving.
44 started to become a familiar friend and the more I paid attention, the more I realized that good things seemed to happen to me when 44 was around.
I started using it as a guide. All of my good jobs have had a 44 in their address, phone number or company store number.
I had a job once as an ad/signage guy for world market and there were no 44s present. I really didn't like the job and I was beginning to question whether I should be there or not. Then I got promoted to Supervisor and I had a 44 in my alarm code. My job got better.

My point with all this talk is simply to say that Spirit is guiding us even today in this scientific, technological age.
We just have to be open to the guidance. By training our minds to take time out of the crazy hustle and bustle of each day we can get back to what really matters.
Take a walk in nature, sit and meditate for a while or just take some time out for YOU. Listen closely and see what happens.
It just might be a miracle.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you get up to when you reach 44 years of age.

    ReplyDelete