Sunday, March 1, 2015

The significance of the number 108

AWESOME DAY today at the Dallas Psychic Fair.
Thank you Cheryl Andrea for yet another fabulous opportunity!

I was asked a question today that I thought deserved some explanation. A customer was asking about my prayer beads or JAPA Malas if you will. They were curious why the number 108 was so significant. I explained to them that the 108 beads were representative of many things in many cultures. The 108 earthly desires for instance. This number, and multiples of it can be found throughout many different cultures, bearing varied symbolism and content. 
All of my malas are made from reiki charged crystals and have either 27 (1/4 of 108), 54 (1/2 of 108) or the actual full strand of 108. This is not done arbitrarily, it is full of purpose and gratitude for those teachers and artisans that have come before me.

Please read the article I have posted here to see which meaning for the number 108 resonates with you.

If you feel so inclined, I would love to spend some time with you in one of my yoga classes at Miracles of Joy where I can actually teach you how to use a mala with a Sanskrit mantra. When I was introduced to this practice during my 200 hour yoga teacher training, it literally changed my life. 

Have a bright week.
Namaste.



No comments:

Post a Comment